Kevin P. Wicka
Mr. Wicka is a litigator practicing in the areas of employment law and personal injury. He is listed in Legal Elite of WNY 2013, 2015, 2017 and 2018, Super Lawyers 2013-2018 Upstate New York Edition, " Who's Who In Law," 2010, 2011 and 2012, for Business First Buffalo and The Buffalo Law Journal. He has successfully tried to verdict cases in New York State courts and recovered awards in arbitration matters. In addition, he has handled appeals in both New York State and federal courts.
Mr. Wicka is a past chair of the Labor Law Committee for the Bar Association of Erie County. He has litigated numerous matters and counseled clients in cases involving claims of discrimination because of race, sex, religion, national origin, age or disability. In addition, he has drafted employee handbooks and conducted anti-discrimination and anti-harassment training seminars. Mr. Wicka has lectured for the New York State Bar Association and the Erie Institute of Law on issues of personal injury and employment law. He has been featured and quoted in articles published in "Business First Buffalo" and "The Buffalo Law Journal." He has been published as author on employment and personal injury law. He has been published as an author on employment and personal injury law. He has also appeared on WIVB-TV and WKBW-TV as an authority for employment law stories.
Mr. Wicka has handled cases involving automobile accidents, premises liability and other personal injury matters. He has had verdicts published in www.verdictsearch.com, including, a verdict for $957,000 for a woman injured in an automobile accident.
Mr. Wicka is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States; the U.S. Second Circuit Court of Appeals; the U.S. District Court for the Western and Northern Districts of New York; and in the State of New York.
Mr. Wicka received his Bachelor of Arts from the State University of New York at Buffalo in 1993. In 1996 he received his Juris Doctor from Albany Law School of Union University, where he was also a member of the Moot Court Board and the Order of the Barristers, a Senior Prize Trials Competition Champion and recipient of the Capital District Trial Lawyers Association Prize. He also serves as chair of the board of directors for Community Services for the Developmentally Disabled. He volunteers as a youth hockey coach as well.
Areas Of Practice
- Employment Law
- Discrimination Complaints
- Noncompete/Nonsolicitation/Confidentiality Agreements
- Administrative (EEOC, NYSDHR & DOL) Matters
- Personal Injury - Plaintiff
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York
- New York
- Albany Law School of Union University, Albany, New York
- J.D. - 1996
- Honors: Order of the Barristers
- Honors: Member, Moot Court Board
- Honors: Senior Prize Trials Competition Champion
- Honors: Recipient of the Capital District Trial Lawyers Association Prize
- State University of New York, Buffalo, New York
- B.A. - 1993
- Lectured for New York State Bar Association and Erie Institute of Law on issues of personal injury and employment law
Honors and Awards
- Listed in Legal Elite of WNY 2013, 2015, 2017 and 2018
- Super Lawyers 2013-2018 Upstate New York Edition
- "Who’s Who In Law" 2010 and 2011
- Business First Buffalo and The Buffalo Law Journal, 2012
- Appeared as a guest on “The Law Line” on WNED-AM 970
- Appeared as a guest on “Ask the Lawyer” on WIVB-TV
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Labor Law Committee for the Bar Association of Erie County, Past chair
Past Employment Positions
- Offermann, Cassano, Greco, Slisz & Adams, LLP, Partner
Pro Bono Activities
- Board of Directors for Community Services for the Developmentally Disabled and Youth Hockey Coach, Saint Hockey, Inc.