Ms. Roshia graduated from Albany Law School of Union University, cum laude, in 1989 and began her legal career with the New York City law firm of Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison. Upon her return to the Western New York area, Ms. Roshia served as co-counsel for the Attica Prison Superintendent in the major litigation resulting from the 1971 Attica Prison Riot.
Ms. Roshia was then honored to serve as Confidential Law Clerk to the Honorable William M. Skretny, United States District Court Judge for the Western District of New York before returning to private practice as a trial and appellate lawyer serving clients throughout New York State in both State and Federal Courts.
Ms. Roshia focuses her practice on the defense of physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and hospitals in medical malpractice cases and the representation of physicians and physician assistants at proceedings before the Office of Professional Medical Conduct, as well as defending municipalities in various matters including Civil Rights, First Amendment, School Law and disciplinary actions of employees.
Prior to embarking on her legal career, Ms. Roshia earned a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree, magna cum laude, from the State University College at Brockport in 1984. Ms. Roshia practiced coronary care/intensive care at Albany Medical Center, surgical intensive care at Rochester General Hospital, and emergency/intensive care at Jones Memorial Hospital in Wellsville, New York.
Since 2014, Ms. Roshia has been selected by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America in the field of Personal Injury Litigation-Defense. Since 2011, she has been named a Super Lawyer in Upstate New York for Personal Injury Defense: Medical Malpractice by Super Lawyers magazine. For 9 years Ms. Roshia served on the Board of Directors for the Volunteer Lawyers Project. She is a member of the Bar Association of Erie County, the New York State Bar Association, the Western New York Trial Lawyers Association, and a past member of the American Association of Nurse Attorneys. Ms. Roshia is a 2004 graduate of Leadership Buffalo.
Areas Of Practice
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- New York, 1990
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York, 1991
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1994
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1994
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York, 1999
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 1995
- Albany Law School Union University, Albany, New York
- J.D. - 1989
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Recipient of the Three Year Merit Scholarship
- Honors: West Publishing Award
- Honors: Friedman Award
- Honors: Matrimonial Lawyers' Association Award
- State University of New York, Brockport, New York
- B.S. - 1984
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: Nursing
Pro Bono Activities
- Leadership Buffalo Class, 2004
- Volunteer Lawyers Project, Board Member
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyer
- The Best Lawyers in America
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Erie County Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- Western New York Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association of Nurse Attorneys